BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lost tooth and Hair cut

Not a lot of exciting news around here this last week.

In keeping with "tradition", Beth lost her second tooth on a holiday, the 4th of July. She lost her first on on Valentine's Day. The tooth fairy brough her two half dollars. She was thrilled. (yeah!)



And she also got her hair cut yesterday - I told her we were taming the mane and cutting it all off - I think we cut about 2 inches, maybe more. While it will be much easier to deal with(since she refuses ponytails, barrettes, bows, headbands, etc), I almost think it makes her look YOUNGER. What do you think? Its not a great picture - she was in a mood this morning! Whew!


We are heading into the dead of July...in other words, we have basically no "real" plans for activies or anything "big" from now until we leave for Florida on August 8th - one month away. I think we are going to try to head to Murray to visit the family on Saturday, but other than that, I'm guessing we'll be spending a lot of time at the lake or in our own yard in these next few weeks.

Oh- I bought 8 "big boy" tomato plants for a total of $1 today. I'm hoping to get them in the ground ASAP so we can have some late August tomatoes. YUM! I'm also experimenting with sweet potatoes....that should be interesting. If those two things work well, I'll probably branch out to herbs and other vegies next summer. I've never really had a green thumb, but I need to learn how to garden since I LOVE fresh vegies and fruits and the Farmer's Market prices are killing me!!

0 comments: